The first generation of this page will be sharing some of the best resources I’ve found in my never-ending quest for answers to the big questions. Ideally, we can find these answers from someone who has been mastering their craft with lifelong ambition. These are the sages we all want to learn from.
Investing with the Oracle of Omaha
One of the greatest practicing scholars of investing, Warren Buffett made his first investment at 11 years old and is legendary for building Berkshire Hathaway into the business equivalent of a Wonder of the World over half a century, just by investing in other businesses. I’ve collected fifteen of my favorite Warren quotes which best capture the spirit of The Golden Goose Guide:
- Rule Number One: Never lose money. Rule Number 2: Never forget Rule Number 1.
- The most important investment you can make is in yourself.
- Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
- It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.
- Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.
- Never ask a barber if you need a haircut.
- What the wise do in the beginning, fools do in the end.
- In the world of business, the people who are most successful are those who are doing what they love.
- You’ve got to keep control of your time, and you can’t unless you say no. You can’t let people set your agenda in life.
- Tell me who your heroes are and I’ll tell you how you’ll turn out to be.
- Opportunities come infrequently. When it rains gold, put out the bucket, not the thimble.
- Do not save what is left after spending; instead spend what is left after saving.
- If you don’t find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die.
- Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing.
- It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction.